View Single Post
Old 11-05-2014, 11:27 AM
DALMD88FO
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2006
Position: A330 First Officer

Originally Posted by Flycameron View Post
In extreme cases they have hired non TPIC but you better have something else on your app to make you standout in the crowd. Networking WILL NOT get you the interview but your app will. If you want to work for United then you better network but Delta will tell you, it's not who you know but what is on your app. I bet of the 115 guys hired a month only 5 of them are civilians that don't have TPIC. The guys I know that have been hired were hired because of their app and not because of who they knew.
A lot of people keep coming on here and saying this, however then we have guys come and post their stats and it's not adding up.

I get what guys are saying. It sounds like a military board. If you have this then you get this many points (i.e. Masters degree 5 points, Bachelors, 3 points) In theory it is all done by computer and it takes the human influence/bias out.

So what is frustrating people like the lear pilot, is when someone comes on this board has very low hours, mediocre college gpa and admits to having reckless driving tickets or a suspended license in his/her history. Some how I don't think an unbiased computer program is going to spit that packet out for interview.