View Single Post
Old 11-08-2014, 07:36 AM
flightcrewview
On Reserve

Joined APC: Apr 2014

Good morning everybody,

It has been a while since I posted anything of much substance on here about the Android schedule app, Flight Crew View. I have been pretty busy with a bunch of work in the background of the app, but I wanted to let you all know of some new features that have been added recently.

First, in an update released last weekend, a wx column was included in the monthly view. It has been empty through the week as I've been monitoring the status of everything that needs to work in the background. A lot involved with this was fairly new to me, so I wanted to make sure everything was working smoothly before turning that feature on. I haven't had any issues with it all week, so it was turned on yesterday and you should be getting a high and low temperatures along with a general conditions icon next to each of your layovers that corresponds to the weather in that city for that day.

Next is the addition of a widget (I talked a little about this a week or to ago) that you can display on your home screen and lock screen (some phones, like the S5, don't allow widgets on the lockscreen). It contains a quick peek at today's schedule along with your report time for today and your report time for tomorrow. I have also fixed an issue in an earlier release that affected Samsung users, causing the widget to disappear when they refreshed their schedule.

And finally, a link to KCM info has been included next to the report time for each day. It looks at your first airport of the day and then directs you to that airport's info page on knowncrewmember.com. If there is no info for that airport, then it directs you to the list of airports with KCM.

As always, if you have any issues or questions, or if you think of anything that could make the app even better, feel free to get a hold of me via the "Contact Developer" option in the app menu, or by email at [email protected]

Bob Murray