View Single Post
Old 11-08-2014, 03:02 PM
DALMD88FO
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2006
Position: A330 First Officer

Originally Posted by Xray678 View Post
Delta is the most profitable airline, and yet pilots question their
business decisions. Personally I don't care what planes we fly/buy as long as we make money. We are employees, not managers. We don't decide what airplanes Delta will buy. Given our status, I think it's fair to expect industry leading pay for the equipment we operate, but I don't expect 380 pay for flying a 737.
Let's get something straight, I'm glad RA is here and we are profitable. I wouldn't trade our management team with anyone in the industry. I find it hard to believe that you are actually a pilot with the part that I highlighted in red. So you would be alright if Delta decided that it was cheaper and better for the bottom line for VA or one of our other code shares to fly the big metal and we will fly everything from the 737-900 and down.

We had about equal 747's to 777's when we merged. Now we are getting rid of the 747's with all replacements in sight being at the A330 level and lower. That is half of the highest paying seats at the airline. I hope that the RFP that keeps getting pushed back will fix that but until that day we are replacing higher paying jobs with lower paying ones.