Thread: jetBlue Hiring
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2014, 05:21 PM
Std Deviation
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2009
Position: Square root of the variance and average of the variation

Originally Posted by NYBlue View Post

Std Deviation - looks like you got lucky (unless you were a Bluedart). Somehow you got an interview, when maybe you shouldn't have (due to currency). When they realized the lack of currency at the PHC, they did the right thing for you, while also factoring that you shouldn't have gotten the interview in the first place. They didn't make you reinterview or turn you down, but they did ask for you to get the 200 hours - to be fair to all the other guys in your situation who didn't even get an interview. In any case, its great that you have a class date. If we ever get to fly together - free beers on me.
No dart. Had a bunch of ancillary experience that I presume is valuable. Published aviation safety author, keynote CRM speaker, first name basis with NTSB board members, etc. You're right though - interview at the time was a longshot (but hey, I'm a retired racing Greyhound owner so long shots are my thing..) Again, don't fault JB in the process. Happy to be here now. Just for grins... The magic number was 200 hrs in the last 12 months.