Thread: Decision Point
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2014, 07:43 PM
Ultrasweatproof
On Reserve

Joined APC: Jul 2011

Originally Posted by Flightcap View Post
Thanks for returning to the forums and sharing your story thus far. Flying is a lifelong journey that very rarely falls into the norm of "instruct, get your 1500, go regional, upgrade, go major, upgrade, -------> retire." There are always twists along the way. Sometimes the twists even take pilots completely out of the profession, but I like to think that the journey continues.

Kudos on sticking in there and keeping yourself debt free. You are actually able to pursue the dream with your limited resources whereas others with the same resources cannot due to their debt load.

As another future company, consider SeaPort. They're a scheduled 135 passenger-carrying op based in Memphis flying Caravans with a two-man crew. I've seen them guys with 300 hours, provided the applicant knew somebody in the operation and was sharp enough to impress the interviewers. They will more often hire around the 500 - 1000 range. Any of my friends who have worked there have been happy with the pilot group, got some good PIC turbine time quickly, and easily got hired at their regional of choice.

Good luck!

Thank you for bringing SeaPort to my attention! Funny enough, my wife and I had talked about wanting to move and live in TN but I completely forgot about SeaPort. Guess I will start looking into creating a professional resume. Thanks again.