Thread: Air Wisconsin
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2014, 02:52 AM
rdc034
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2014

Originally Posted by akulahunter View Post
Well, for me, I was considering AWAC because they have a base where I live. I was asking about the upgrade time and if it was going to come down anytime soon. I'm going to drop apps to a few regionals and see who bites. =)
akula-

Another thing to consider when choosing a regional - with a military background, there is a good chance you could get picked up by a major before you upgrade anyway. AWAC has a VERY good contract for a regional. If you have the chance to live in base, your QOL will be very good. Add AWAC's decent contract, for me, it's a no brainer. I personally wouldn't chase the upgrade. I'd take the QOL and a really good company to work for over the chance a faster upgrade and commuting. My humble opinion.

AWAC in full hiring mode - their turn around from app to interview to class is pretty quick, under a month in some cases. New hire time on reserve, in some cases, has been days or weeks, not months. New hires are getting their domicile of choice. I have recently started here - just under 50% of my class was former/current military. You could be flying out of the domicile near you, holding a line, by early next year. Food for thought.

RDC