View Single Post
Old 11-12-2014, 02:24 PM
Gunter
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2006

Originally Posted by skywatch View Post
Huh? Hindsight how? I will try to be clearer. Despite the established fact that outside of two healthcare workers treating a very sick Liberian man in the late stages of the disease, some on this board seem to believe that this disease can be easily transmitted by casual contact. This despite the factual evidence that of hundreds and hundreds of people "exposed" here in the US via the infected nurses from Dallas and the doctor from NY, none zero nada have gotten infected.

I am certainly missing your point (if you made one) about reading the news this week? So I am clearly not smart enough to understand how a news article about the possible decline of Ebola in West Africa has anything to do with the point I attempted to make?

I apologize in advance for my ignorance and look forward to you dumbing down your last remarks for me.
You were clear enough the first time. So was I.

No one really knew how fast it would continue to spread. Viruses often mutate.

I thought it was smart to play it cautious. Others saw it was not transmitting very readily, in it's current form, said it wasn't medically necessary to be overly cautious. The military took the cautious route while civilians did not.

Now that the outbreak appears to be under control the less cautious appear smart. I don't think they were smart, just leading a life of privilege and lucky.

You noticing it didn't continue to spread is indeed hindsight.