View Single Post
Old 11-13-2014, 08:09 AM
starcheckers
Line Holder

Joined APC: Feb 2014

Originally Posted by 2StgTurbine View Post
RetiredMD88 - As stated above, this is not the place to spend you golden years. They do adhere to the 8 on 6 off, and thanks to the over-staffing, I have actually gotten home a few days early for the last month. But, if you have spent the last few years of your career at a mainline carrier at the top of the seniority list, you will not like it here. There is no contract and if it is legal, you are expected to fly.

Similar experience with me. The CP solicited me to apply and told me I should come down for a quick interview to get to know each other, but the Director of Security ended up grilling me for 2 hours. By the end of that experience I had almost no interest in accepting the job. Then I remembered he was a former FBI agent and was probably putting on a hard ball act to see how people respond. That is not my style, but I understand his technique. If I hadn't already known other people in the company, I probably would have declined. I think he is great at his actual job, but a little out of touch with current interview procedures.
EXACTLY!!! But, in this day and age can you really afford to be chasing potential pilots away?,