View Single Post
Old 11-13-2014, 02:05 PM
Fetzervalve
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2013
Position: Left Seat

Originally Posted by Mustgofaster View Post
I've seen them hire quite a diverse group lately. It's been Retired Delta Main line pilots thru guys on their first type rating. And it seems to be about 5 a month. They have added a lot of aircraft over the last 6 to 9 months so they need people. I think you would be easily qualified.

We are home based. So anywhere Delta has regular service, And your within an hour call out of that airport. The details on approved base location is more specific than that. I just don't have the policy sitting in front of me. Atlanta would actually be preferred i would think, since it makes the crew swap options easier.

We have Delta travel benefits. Non rev only. No "jump seat". Standby code is S3B1. Which puts is under retirees and all mainline employees and their families. Domestic Non rev is a real gamble these days, especially with our standby ranking. Intl is actually not bad though. Just have to watch the route and get a feel of the availability .

PM if you have more questions.
For those hired without type ratings, how do they determine which type/aircraft to allocate to you? Purely based on specific need at the time? Any examples of recent aircraft assignments for non typed newhires?