View Single Post
Old 11-13-2014, 07:15 PM
FXDX
Proponent of Hysteria

Joined APC: Mar 2005
Position: 3B

Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
"........The ALPA plan is not taxed. They pay a flat 17% based on your highest consecutive 12 months in the past 3 years."

I'm not sure, but I was led to believe that both the company and ALPA LTD did a one year "look-back" from the day you called in sick, to determine the amount. Not sure exactly what is considered pay. BLG is used, however, vacation buyback is not. Not sure about all the other pay categories. There is a cap on the ALPA amount, but I don't think anybody could possibly touch it.
It's the highest 12 consecutive months out of the past 36 months for the company plan.

All credit hours, including draft, volunteer, make up, intl override and Passover pay are used to determine your pay, as well as premiums for LCA, SCA, FPS etc. Also sick hours and vacation, excluding vacation buy back.

I think the ALPA plan uses a slightly different 12 months but should include the same pay.

Check out the pilot benefits book link on PFC and check ALPA.org for the specifics on the ALPA plan. I think they are both administered by different divisions of Aetna insurance.