View Single Post
Old 11-15-2014, 05:55 PM
connorcas
New Hire

Joined APC: Nov 2014

Originally Posted by eman View Post
I worked there in 2012; the owner was a different person but I think the ops people are the same from my research. The ops folks are the ones to look out for. Especially one who's initials are P.T, and Mike who was D.M at my time. They paid well for flying a chieftain. I racked up quite a bit of twin part 135 pic time and that led to a metro pic job now an md83 job, it was all a progression and it worked out quite well to have obtained that experience.

For someone who wants more pic, get into part 135 and get some good experience, it's worth a shot. All while probably making enough to pay bills if the pay is still $50/hr. My job was overloaded with flights so my experience there was probably different than from the EAS routes (I flew a lot!). If 135 or even airlines are your goal, I think the time definitely can't hurt.

Now, as for the SIC's I dunno... But don't worry too much, every bit of experience helps and counts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Glad to see not everyone is negative. I dont think either of those people are here anymore. As far as my goals... the majors, i decided instead of going the CFI route i chose this one. Another FO i talked to is flying 107 this past month. 5 on 5 off and u can work ur days off if u want. Again thats not bad and capt get paid great for flying a piston.