View Single Post
Old 11-16-2014, 04:39 AM
jagbn
Line Holder

Joined APC: Apr 2007
Default Impressive legal analysis

Originally Posted by MR JT8D View Post
If it's an at will employment state, then they can't do jack to you. The only thing they COULD do is terminate you. So QUIT with NO notice.

Evergreen was the carrier to start the termination on your PRIA to enforce the training agreement. That's how they do it.

They can NOT come after you for the note. It's just to keep you on the property and extract as much $$$$ out of your ass as they possibly can.
Originally Posted by MR JT8D View Post
Anyone can file a motion. ANYONE. It wouldn't hold up in court. They have zero on anyone quitting. ZERO...
That's some impressive legal analysis there, Mr. JT8D. I had no idea that promissory notes were not enforceable against persons in employment-at-will states. Good to know!

I'm sure you have handy some case names, citations, courts, dates, docket numbers, etc., to support your assertion that these contracts are unenforceable. Please post the information. I have a Lexis subscription. I'll look up these cases and post further information here for everyone's benefit.

I say this not to insult your legal acumen; I'm sure you're utterly correct. However, even the US Supreme Court provides legal citations to support its statements of the law; perhaps you could indulge us to do the same.

While we're at at, let's consider this hypothetical: A person goes to work for a company that gives each new employee a car. The company requires each new employee to sign a promissory note requiring pro-rated repayment for the car if the employee quits before two years. According to you, an employee could quit on day 2, keep the car, and no court in an employment-at-will state would enforce the promissory note. Fascinating. I'll have to look around for such opportunities.

Yrs most humbly,
jagbn