Thread: Mesa
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2014, 04:52 AM
sevenforseven
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2013
Position: Prone

Originally Posted by John2375 View Post
In training at Mesa- great instructors and atmosphere. I've passed all tests and orals so far.
However now I'm in cockpit procedures training in prep for sim training. However I cannot memorize and "get" flows and callouts. I've always been a single pilot so I've never had to deal with the crew concept.
I don't know if I should proceed into sim and risk flunking and hurting my career... or quit one and go back to single pilot ops.
Just a friendly piece of advice: Quitting your job may not hurt you, but it also doesn't help. If you intend on continuing on with 121 somewhere down the line, you will have to explain why you didn't complete training - what will you say? Think about it.

Far better to give your current situation 150% and pass, rather than resign just because you aren't "getting it". Flows and such can be challenging for someone who is used to single pilot, however if you practice, just like everything else, it becomes like second nature.

Better to try for something and get part of it than to try for nothing and get all of it. I would suggest that you ask yourself if you have truly done everything you can to succeed before resigning. If the answer is "yes" and you still don't feel you're going to make it and you resign, at least you did so with a clear conscience