View Single Post
Old 11-18-2014, 08:31 AM
Bluesville
Line Holder

Joined APC: Oct 2013
Position: 747, RightSeat

Am I glad I stumbled across this topic.

I too been really thinking about making the switch, from Regional FO to LAPD. I been in doing this thing going on 6 years now and I have nothing to show for it. A 4yr degree, 5,000 Hours... 2-Plus years flying CFi, 2-Plus years doing FreightDawg 135 P.I.C. gigs, and now 3-Plus years doing the regional side with an upgrade coming in about 2yrs and I can't get a call from anywhere (And I applied everywhere and I hate the idea of paying some shumck to look at my resume i.e. Job fairs)! I was trying my hardest to jumpship anywhere that flies something bigger (Allegiant called but its not for me), now that I'm a father I have to be selective on where I go.
For now life is... okay, Im 30 years old, I live in base (LAX), people I work with are great but I don’t have sh*t to show for it. And if I do decide to stay in it, guess where Im going to... an east coast base for one of The Big 3 for a significant amount of time commuting (I’m not relocating east. period).

I always had in interest in law enforcement, I have great people skills, my street IQ is above average, I love watching COPS haha, I want more of thrill instead of landing an Rj in a 20kt Crosswind, Im very thick-skinned and now Im going to do the next step in LAPD application process I been holding off-on partly because I been so busy this past summer.

I welcome your thoughts/opinions guys.