View Single Post
Old 11-20-2014, 12:43 PM
gloopy
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2010
Position: window seat

Originally Posted by Delta1067 View Post
I looked into that a couple years ago but couldn't justify the monthly charge they wanted. With all of the free wi-fi out there I just manage to get by with my iphone in the rare moments where I don't have wi-fi for my ipad. How much is the monthly ipad cellular premium these days? I haven't checked for a while.
Many plans/carriers allow you to add it to your existing data plan so it pulls off of that. Its often treated as another phone line costing between nothing to $10/month depending on what you have and the carrier/plan you are with. If it seems like it'll be much more than that, look into other plans. Its generally not very much more and you usually don't need a higher data plan because when you're on that you're not pulling data from your phone. There are also pre-paid data plans out there too but that gets even more complicated, although there can be some good deals if you're willing to dig around the marketing maze.

Its much more user friendly than any iPhone for surfing, and vastly superior for videos, games, typing anything more than a quick txt omg etc. Costs the same or less too. The only downside is you have to forgoe the L&G gee whiz $800 smart phone every year. Which can be hard, as they are very cool no doubt.