View Single Post
Old 11-20-2014, 02:03 PM
USMCFLYR
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: FAA 'Flight Check'

Originally Posted by cardiomd View Post
Excellent post, agree 100%, I said similar above myself. Most of us are not fighter pilots, and when I'm doing spins my head is outside the aircraft.
Well this is a clear indication that you don't understand AOA. It wouldn't be useful IN THE SPIN, it would be useful on RECOVERY.

I am both confused and intrigued by your constant evangelism for this unnecessary but potentially useful device.
And I am the same on you constant negativism about a system that you clearly don't seem to understand.

What do you feel it would add to routine flights by GA pilots? Do you view it as a safety device or an additive device for routine scanning?
I've addressed this is an earlier post in this very thread AND provided links to posts and threads chock full of the answers to your questions but it seems that you have decided to not read them either; so I will not waste my time trying to explain the potential benefits again. If you are truly interested I would steer you towards the earlier posted links and/or if you will PM me, I'll even give you the personal email address of one of the biggest proponents of the systems who can certainly elaborate the usefulness to GA pilots.

Otherwise - I will gladly agree to disagree with you on this issue and we'll go our own ways.