View Single Post
Old 11-21-2014, 07:11 AM
brianb
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2009
Position: Airbus 319/320 Captain

Originally Posted by AboveAndBeyond View Post
For the experience that I had, I thought the wages at AMF were fair. They trained me, and gave me a type rating. After a year and a half, I was a much better pilot and I thought I deserved more than they were paying me. I took the job at AMF, worked diligently, and then went to another company. I did not threaten to blackmail the company into paying me more by starting a union, or striking, or taxiing slowly, or calling in sick. I was honorable, and professional. I left, and went and found a new job that paid me what I felt that I deserved.

It is really that simple. I know some people on here don't understand, and that is fine. It is just appalling to me that you expect a company to live up to their word, and you are not living up to yours. If I hire a contractor to build an addition on to my house, and he gives me a contract saying that I own him $20,000 - I expect to pay him $20,000. If he comes back to me later and says that he is now too good to work for $20,000, and he needs me to pay him $40,000, or he refuses to finish the job, that is extortion and fraud.

I personally don't see a difference. You may disagree. That is fine.
Your self worth is appalling.