View Single Post
Old 11-24-2014, 09:08 AM
gloopy
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2010
Position: window seat

Originally Posted by Sink r8 View Post
I never interviewed for a job I didn't want, save one, and haven't interviewed for a job I was wasn't offered, save one. The exception was an atrocity, for reasons I won't explain here.

I tend to think differently than the other posters. Make up your mind as to what you want to do, then go for it. If you get a job offer, and have a short time to make a decision, that's not going to refine your thinking. It's going to put added pressure on you to either burn a bridge, or take something you're not sure is 100% for you.

You don't have to know with 100% certainty that you want UAL before interviewing, but you should be reasonably confident.
Oh I'd agree for sure. You shouldn't apply for pure sport and curiosity. Before even hitting "submit" on any airline app you should at least think you may seriously want to go there. If you know you don't, then don't waste an interview invite where you will inevitably turn them down as it will be much harder to get another one down the road should things change and you want to go.