View Single Post
Old 06-07-2007, 07:33 PM
xpigx
Line Holder

Joined APC: May 2007

Originally Posted by learav8r View Post
Since you guys are all pros when it comes to crop dusting, I am out of this debate. Obviously I have nothing to add that is credible. Seems to me that if the job paid $175,000 a year than more people would be doing it. Every ag pilot I ever met wasn't making near that amount so you must be special.

I was talking about pilots not operators.

As for you guys towing signs that want to go out there and stall the airplane for fun at 500ft off the beach good luck (no big deal). PM me your name and I'll call Jimmy Butler for you and see what he thinks.

You want to be professional than act like it.
I am getting into crop dusting, and have done my research. I have talked to quite a few pilots.

The lowest one I talked to had been working 2 years. He made $50K/year. The highest one had been doing it for 15 years. He was making $125k/year. Mind you, this is in deep south TX where the average income is $24K/year . . .. where I do just fine making $2000 a month. Down here that is damn good money. Starting is about $100 a field. No need to travel either, because with the weather, something is always in season.