View Single Post
Old 11-26-2014, 07:33 AM
FlyArmy11
DAL New Hire

Joined APC: Mar 2006
Position: C-12, MC-12, RC-12

From APTAP below (not my posts or units)...don't pay for your ratings...go Army FW in the USAR or ARNG! They'll pay you while you get your FW ratings for free, while logging FWMET time, good luck & fly safe!!!

Good morning fellow aviators!

I'd like to get the word out on our C-12 unit located at Ft. Knox and Ft. McCoy recruiting efforts. I am the Rear Detachment Commander as the Company Commander Cpt. Derek Mintle deploys with a group this month.

We will be experiencing a high attrition rate due to retirements in the next 6 to 8 months, while still maintaing a high OPTEMPO stateside and 6 month deployments through 2016.

We have a fleet of 8 C-12V's with the Pro Line 21 package doing VIP missions nationwide and sometimes OCONUS.

Here's what we are looking for:

W2 through junior W4. This is not a retirement gig. We work hard and have a high expectation of job performance.
1LT/CPT's too.
IERW graduate with 1-2 years flight experience in the USAR/NGB
Willing to work and commute IVO Knox or McCoy
Active Duty aviators will be considered too; we have a close relationship with HRC. No two-time passovers.

MINIMUM SCREENING REQUIREMENTS:
Current Résumé
Last 2-3 OER's depending on length of service.
Last 2-3 -759's
Copy of DA photo
Copy of ORB/2-1
Civilian Education info
Current place of employment and residence

I am hoping APTAP can be a resource for getting the word out to those aviators who have gotten their dream job in the airline world and want back in the game, or are still on the street and want back in the game!(I'm still furloughed from Midwest Airlines, now Republic)

We have the same info posted here:
www.facebook.com/arccwo

Feel free to spread the word across the social media spectrum.

My contact info:
CW4 Chris James
BN Safety Officer
B Co Det Cdr
6th BN 52 Av Rgt
Los Alamitos, CA
W) 562-795-2243
BB) 562-248-8954
C) 608-477-0272
[email protected]

Thanks.

**Update**
To everyone that has been patient and left me a message, or forwarded me your packet, or still waiting on me to get back to you one on one, I'd like to say a hearty "Thanks" for your efforts. It's not a discriminator if I didn't call you back, some of it is pure workload and volume of requests. The other part of the equation is we have hired two individuals for our Ft. Knox Platoon, and one for the McCoy Platoon.

Are "we" still hiring? Here's the latest on the lay of the land. Cpt. Derek Mintle has returned from deployment, and is back in the saddle as B Co's Commander. I will be forwarding ALL of the emails and packets I've received over the last few months; I recommend everyone who has emailed me or called to update with Cpt. Mintle at

[email protected]

The company is currently at 26 personnel on an MTOE of 16. That is 162% strength; this is actually lower than some of the other companies in the fixed wing USAR community. This is a good overstrength headcount, and we could always use a few more good aviators. There is also strong indications that the company level structure will expand in the next FY to 37 slots! Unofficially we may be able to hire against this new MTOE starting in October 2014. This increase in slots includes an increase in RLO positions.

The state of the AGR program: Best bet is to contact your PMO at HRC, since there have been a lot of ups and downs, and starts and stops to the last assessions (sp), and the criteria for hiring has changed, due to projected SRB's, and QRB's that will effect the whole fleet.

You may also have heard rumors swirling around on restructuring within USAR aviation; possible consolidation of platoons to a single company location, a new brigade, updgraded aircraft, etc. I have no direct knowledge of anything specific, but IMHO there will be some changes over the next 2 FY's that will improve the organization, but also create some turmoil. This in turn will create opportunities to "get back in the game".
Don't lose hope, be patient, and be persistent. We have the best equipment in the Army, we've proven ourselves worldwide, and we have many new frontiers ahead of us. If B Co isn't the right answer, maybe one of the other locations within the command is:
Current Locations:
Los Alamitos, CA (BN HQ also)
Ft. Hood, TX
Ft. Worth, TX
Ft. McCoy, WI
Ft. Knox, KY (11th AC also)
Ft. Bragg (BN HQ also)
Ft. Dix/McGuire AFB (244th Bde also)
Ft. Rucker
Dobbins ARB

Fly Fast and Be Safe!