View Single Post
Old 06-08-2007, 08:44 AM
JoeyMeatballs
Banned

Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: A-320

I went through SAAB COLGAN training and XJT EMB training, XJT blows them out of the water for a few reason................The FTD we use at Express are actually cockpits with moving displays at COLGAN they use ratty cardboard..............which one do you think makes for better training, Colgan instructors seemed to teach irrelevant systems stuff, though the 737 at American is nice, I dont need to know about it basically XJT has a much more professional way about themselves than COLGAN ever did when it comes to training pilots.............my sim instructor at COLGAN didnt know how to use the sim. we spent the first hour of each one him trying to figure out the damn thing, not to mention we never did any TCAS RA's so when checkride time came.............yeah you guessed it........anyway I could go on and on but basically the difference is lie night and day.

PS We also had one great guy wash out because he got a 69 on the systems test, he needed a 70, they sent him home an hour later.............what a disgrace rumor had it that it would of been easier to send him home because we had an odd number of people in the sim, so it would of been cheaper for them to just send him packing.........