Thread: Skywest
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2014, 05:44 PM
rcfd13
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2009
Position: Another RJ FO

Originally Posted by disillusioned View Post
Each month we see our bids get jacked to high heaven. It has finally got bad enough that it has worked itself up the ranks to the senior people dropping off and giving them PN's and CN's. I have dealt for years with PBS dropping off 3 day pairings and awarding me 4 days due to "line constraints" So I would have to work 3 or 4 more days away from home so PBS could give me an extra 5 hours of work. We all know it's because our pairing suck, so when will we get some oversight to the pairings that are being created?
What I seriously don't get is why they don't want to do everything they can from the business side to make the pairings more efficient. 5x16 hour 4 days = 80 hours. 4x20 hour 4 days = 80 hours. They could decrease staffing across the same number of block hours by increasing pairing efficiency. It seems like the best win-win situation possible for both management and the pilot group. They save money on less staffing, we get more days off per month with better pairings.

Someone with a business degree please explain to me why they would even want to keep building 16 hour 4 days and inefficient trips. It makes no sense to me why they want to pay me to sit in hotel rooms for 30 hours.