View Single Post
Old 11-30-2014, 07:55 AM
eaglefly
Banned

Joined APC: Jun 2008

Originally Posted by dvhighdrive88 View Post
Ok so scope stays at 76 seats and how many of these larger RJs do they want?

When you say one end wants a DAL
Contract shouldn't this be the springboard to start from and move up? They are talking DAL rates plus 15% right...not current plus 15?

Seems Parker is big time anti profit sharing so that's off the table from their perspective as well?
I'm not stating what I think SHOUlD happen (what I personally feel is minimally acceptable), just what likely WILL happen when the dust settles and APA hands us what they hand us. APA has been sending their usual mixed messages and I believe that THEY believe the initial proposal is simply undoable as they cannot both sell that now and maintain credibility (with anyone). Parker IMO is almost as adverse to arbitration as APA and thus both need an out.

Is Keay simply speculating on 15% above DAL rates being the solution to PF or has someone thrown that to him ?

We don't know.

I think "profit-sharing" per se will not occur, but that doesn't mean another form of compensation for its absence like percentage override to DAL or "signing bonuses" will be in its place.......heck, it already IS in its place, just at a minuscule 3% which APA has already said is unacceptable.

I think the APA will produce their usual result just like LBFO I and II, whereby something is negotiated that gives them an acceptable political over-wing exit escape while being just enough that they can hold up and say, "it's the best we can do" and "it provides a better outcome to arbitration". Many will be pi$$ed as usual, but it would likely pass ratification. We must remember that the first LBFO was the lowball of lowball offers and was retched and yet the APA leadership supported it at the roadshows even standing behind the huckster in a $1000 suit selling it to us. It failed, but a significant portion of pilots actually voted for it.

Like the ultimate SLI award, we should also expect a "hybrid" result somewhere in the middle of the two "want" wildcards in the JCBA. Again though, between where we're at now and arbitration, I'll take arbitration without hesitation.