Thread: UPS scabs
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2014, 12:40 PM
brownie
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2005
Position: 757/767

Originally Posted by acebaxter View Post
Is the issue between the union and the company the reason this job continues to be advertised? From the reading of the thread a current line pilot who applied for and accepted this position would no longer be represented by the union. Is that correct? If so, it would seem to be counterproductive to intentionally exclude a portion of the employee group. In my union experience we had to fight to get the management pilots to join and pay dues. To each his own I guess.

I do not buy into the scab argument. A scab is someone who crosses the picket line and does work the MEC has defined as struck work. Any other use of the word for personal benefit belittles its significance.

Aside from the union issues, and yes I do understand they are significant, are there any other reasons a current line pilot would not want this position? Pay, quality of life, retirement benefits, etc.?

Regards,

Jim

Flight Qualified Supervisor

Anchorage, AK
Job ID: 59599

apply Flight Qualified Supervisor

JOB DESCRIPTION:

Successful applicants will certify as a Flight Qualified Captain on one of the UPS fleet types. Duties will include check airman/instructor activities for UPS crewmembers in simulator training. Line operations/Assistant Chief Pilot positions will be based on experience levels and qualifications. Potential for advancement and other Flight Operations duties exists. Competitive compensation
package.
Did you say quality of life??? Well we all know what that means in the dark side plus leaving the greatest union on earth that protected thier own while on furlough and join a bunch that deprived thier own management spouse from having health care while the executives and BOD were rewarding themselves with record bonuses and degrading 100 years of brand name of ups with cutbacks that finally lead to the biggest embarrassment of 2013 and to be a yes man for the rest of the career to this bunch. Jim thank you for the offer but no thank you.