Thread: UPS scabs
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2014, 07:01 AM
Swedish Blender
Where's my Mai Tai?

Joined APC: Aug 2006
Position: fins to the left, fins to the right

Originally Posted by acebaxter View Post
I could be mistaken but your example of checking in the sim all day, DH to an assigned flight, and then flying revenue could be a direct violation of the FARs. You may not have duty limits under flag/supplemental but the company is required to have a fatigue risk management plan. Somehow, I think the pilot in question would be fatigued under this scenario.

Management pilots don't get fatigued. One time I told a FQS he should call fatigued as I was basically flying single pilot. He said not in a million years. You will never find one that will do it. There were two management pilot who flew a 767 NRT-SDF nonstop part 91. He said they did an auto land because they couldn't stay awake.

Just my opinion, but if you want the management pilots to support the line pilots then welcome them into the fold. Right now they seem homeless as neither senior management or the union will claim them. Again, just an impression from the outside looking in.

The management pilot were invited to join the union DOH a couple years ago and they declined.

Jim
Management pilots are bound by FARS. They basically have no schedule so it's up to the individual to enforce them. They have no protection so no on wants to be the nail sticking up and get hammered.