Thread: AWAC to fly for DL???

CAirBear , 12-01-2014 03:26 PM
Gets Weekends Off
CAirBear
Gets Weekends Off
close
  • Joined APC
    Apr 2013
Absolutely idiotic. I remember when I read the first e-mail, announcing this whole thing, it stated that things still had to be "agreed upon" and that there were issues to "come to agreement on". ***. Don't put this BS out there to the company when its not 100% and the ink has dried. Seriously.

If I had to guess what happened, I bet its the fact that we we had ZERO chance in being fully ready to take on 5 planes in less than 60 days. It wasn't just getting the pilots upgraded and to speed, but we were going to have a vast amount of new FOM, FCM, Op Specs. All kinds of crap. I think whoever up in ATW thought they could really be ready for this has brain damage.

We had no chance in hell. Now if this were announced for Mach/April its a different story. It will be interesting to see what happens with them now. The entire reason 9E was giving them away is because they can't staff them. If it really is/was a preparation issue maybe something can be worked out for 6+ months from now. Who knows. Just complete rookie move to announce this.