Thread: UPS scabs
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2014, 03:54 PM
UPSpilott
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2014

Originally Posted by acebaxter View Post
Thank you for the detailed breakdown. From the outside looking in it seems as though the union needs to put on their big boy pants and fix this. In my experience the training departments for the most part are closely aligned with management or the line pilots. Yours seem to be on their own.

I could be mistaken but your example of checking in the sim all day, DH to an assigned flight, and then flying revenue could be a direct violation of the FARs. You may not have duty limits under flag/supplemental but the company is required to have a fatigue risk management plan. Somehow, I think the pilot in question would be fatigued under this scenario.

Management pilots flying during furloughs, while far from desirable, is not that uncommon in this industry. Management pilots flying struck work is something completely different. In my distant past, when we were released to strike, we agreed to allow management pilots to reposition aircraft to bring them home. No revenue was to be carried. Management agreed to this and it was clearly explained to the pilot group.

Just my opinion, but if you want the management pilots to support the line pilots then welcome them into the fold. Right now they seem homeless as neither senior management or the union will claim them. Again, just an impression from the outside looking in.

Jim

The union? We play nice. Deathly afraid to poke UPS in the eye.Especially the current people sitting in our Executive Board. Again...the last guy tried to put an end to this and was promptly ousted.

This scab situation will only get worse here at UPS. They are actively hiring more.