Old 12-03-2014, 07:03 PM
Grumble
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2009

Originally Posted by UAL T38 Phlyer View Post

a. Stuff the competition offers for free, and we charge. Some is baggage, some is on-board entertainment. The fact that half the overall fleet doesn't seem to have wifi isn't helping. (Getting better, but won't be done until the end of 2015).
All my dead head/pass travel has been North America/Carib, and thus on the guppy and bus (and a few 757's), but the last few times I've been on the bus the wifi/entertainment setup has been really nice. Tons of TV and movies to choose from, all for free via wifi. If we could just get that system on the super gup for the 5+ hour flights I think the passengers would be much happier.

Originally Posted by AxlF16 View Post
Can we include this in our arguments in the SLI hearing when the next merger occurs?

I hear a lot of the LCAL guys lamenting the terrible state of the current airline and waxing poetic about the days of Gordo... I also heard them citing a long list of awards to demonstrate just how great they were... So -- what is the difference between that list of past awards and the ones that we're getting now???
Flew with a LCAL captain a few days ago, and he actually mentioned this. His stance was completely opposite (though I've heard what you mention from a lot of FA's.) His position was that GB left CAL with $50M that the employees basically gave up or left on the table, and his pay is better now than it's ever been.

I've not gotten the "I got screwed, it was better when..." from many. Just my opinion but it's the old adage of 10% of the people making 90% of the noise. The first year was a lot of fun, although I will say the United crowd was always a lot more excited about seeing the half wing. Wear it with pride!

Congrats to all for the award.