View Single Post
Old 12-04-2014, 02:03 PM
RockyBoy
Doesn't Get Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2007

Originally Posted by Flycameron View Post
I was also told that they are still on the tier 1 apps and in fact are rescreening all of the apps again and adding more guys to tier 1 that may have been missed. If they run out of tier 1 guys then they will drop to tier 2 but just when they think they might be out of tier 1 guys it seems like they add a bunch back to tier 1.

It won't be long until they get to tier 2. United claims they will be hiring CFI's off the street in 5 years. I think Delta will be doing the same thing in 5 years too.
I would think there are enough regional guys that the legacies won't have a tough time getting the numbers they need. They may have to hire guys with no PIC and no degrees, but there are a lot of regional pilots out there. Where the replacements for those guys will come from is the big question.

Legacies may have to hire CFI's after they realize they can't staff the regionals. They are going to be forced to bring all those airframes and pilots to mainline so they can maintain schedule integrity. At that point they will be looking at CFI's off the street to fly RJ's. That's what I see happening.