View Single Post
Old 12-04-2014, 09:09 PM
throttleweenie
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2008
Position: A-320 Capt

Happy story: I'm a UAL pilot (that isn't the happy part I'm referring to) and circumstances required me to try and catch a ride on SWA at the last minute today.

I showed up at the gate 15 min prior to departure...cold...no listing, no nothin'. Gate agent was working out some stuff with a pax in front of me right up to the push time. When it was my turn, I kind of said thanks anyway, but she said hang on, lemme see...called down to the bridge driver and who knows whom else, then hands me my boarding pass, "go! You're on! LUV YA!"

I thanked her profusely, ran down, said hi, thanks to the bros up front, then the FA said lemme hang your coat, grab a row there are plenty of empties. The other FA gave me a can of water, cookies, and yet another smile.

You guys run a very people-friendly act; I mean that kinda like the way Hooters takes care of their customers, like very friendly and homey, maybe not 100% classy but who wants classy if it's all stuffy anyway? I wish there was that attitude at every airline.

Bottom line: a bunch of SWA employees delayed a flight for a freeloader who works for the competition.

I didn't have the opportunity to thank every employee that was involved, but I did thank a few. The best way I can return the favor is to pay it forward, and I will.

Thank you again

T/W