View Single Post
Old 12-05-2014, 04:07 AM
Tacos
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2014

Originally Posted by resetjet View Post
So which one of you is correct? We all know commuting sucks but this guy is genuinely looking for good advice
I can't recall if you mentioned who you work for but let me preface this by saying I am ASA and therefore I am referring to riding on DL. If United is easy, great but this is what I found on DL.

Every city can be different but I commuted there for 4 years. The biggest problem with ATL I experianced is they use it a lot in reroutes when there are problems elsewhere in the country. Could be anywhere. Someone misses their flight in LGA/JFK, well now they are probably going through ATL and the stacks of HKs start adding up. The only predictability to ATL loads is that they will be worse than they look the day prior. Add into that and now mainline is taking over most of the flights we (LASA) used to do and now we loose priority. Not complaining but it's something to consider depending on who you work for and how your priority works.

3 months of good commuting doesn't make it easy. Wait until you go through a winter in ATL and spring break. Both are a nightmare. Airport can be back logged for days.