View Single Post
Old 12-05-2014, 05:24 AM
Tacos
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2014
Default Corporate Regrets?

I'm not looking to start a 91 vs 121 discussion. Currently a regional pilot . I know the difference and I am prepared for it. I also am very familiar with what the lifestyle will be as a very good friend is the one getting me in and one of their few pilots. In any case I am slightly concerned about long term "happiness". I am worried I will get bored, assuming I'm flying one aircraft to mostly the same 50 or so cities across US. Also, the money will never be there like it will be in the 121 world. In reality though the pay will be comfortable, job stable, and I'll be based where I currently live. With a family at home, those seems like priorities and outweigh career aspirations at this point but I don't know if later on down the road I will regret the move. I am also sick of the constant battles in the 121 world with management and labor, ie: scope, union issues, scheduling, hotels, etc. Things are great now for the airlines, but who is to say it'll be that way forever. It's a cyclical industry.

I realize I can move back to the 121 if it really becomes necessary but they are looking to hire for the long term. They are important people to me so I do not want to let them down when they are sticking their necks out.

Anyone else have these same thoughts before the move and how do you feel now?

Sorry for the ramble but I feel like I am making a turn at the "Y" in the road. One end is where I always hoped to be, the other is reality, a good job, and an even more rare opportunity.