View Single Post
Old 12-05-2014, 11:42 AM
DonovanB
New Hire

Joined APC: Aug 2014

[QUOTE=rickair7777;1776839]Depends on what kind of flying you want to do. For 91/135, especially bush flying it would be good to have.

If it's airlines, your priority should be getting a seniority number as fast as possible. College and flight training would come first, then a regional job (or 135/91 jet job). The A&P would be more of a hobby thing when you can get around to it.

-

If you really want to fly in Europe (it will be easier to get a good airline job in the US), I'd still look at training in the US just to save a lot of money, then do a EASA license conversion(also available in the US). That way you'll have both certs and can choose to work wherever the best opportunity is (probably the US for the forseeable future).
QUOTE]

Like Rama clarified, I'm only working toward the A&P License because my school offers "dual credit" where I can go to normal high school for half the day and the second half I take my A&P courses through the local community college. At this rate, it'll only take an extra 6 months at most so I think its worth it and I enjoy it. Im also trying to do flight school while getting my bachelor's degree so I can save time and get into hour building as quickly as possible. Other people have said I should get a degree in another major as a back up. Im still not sure if the time saved would be worth it.

-

Can someone please tell me about the license conversions from USA to UK? Any info or links would be greatly appreciated because I don't know anything about the conversion.