View Single Post
Old 12-05-2014, 11:41 PM
Awi8tr
On Reserve

Joined APC: Jul 2013
Position: B-757 CA

Yes most of us are breaking guarantee most months, and yes those are brutal pay scales, especially for the type of flying we are doing. But being furloughed was my other "option". Also, I forgot to mention we have trip-rig, which is 3 hrs/day after the first 24 hrs.

The company is still in transition and getting away from the old DC-8 "Murray-Air" mentality. The new DO is very capable and is improving the airline and how things are run. But any airline has some initial inertia which takes some time to overcome. But ever since I was hired a couple years back, I have seen quite a few improvements, scheduled Flag Air Carrier approval, updated manuals, EFB (i-pads) approval, new airplanes, ETOPS in the works, then CAT II, some obstinate guys being let go, etc etc.

For some younger guys in the beginning of their careers it would be a great stepping stone with valuable experience. For the experienced folks, well there are better options out there but being "seasoned" and over 50 the majors may not necessarily favor them.