Thread: Trans States
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2014, 08:19 PM
flyingreasemnky
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2006

Originally Posted by AaronFly4Livin View Post
So since we have 25-35 guys already on property at the moment that are eligible to upgrade, doesn't the company have to offer us upgrade first before any CQFO's actually do any flying in the left seat? I don't have the contract with me at the moment to clarify so....
H. Captain Qualified First Officer (“CQFO”)

1. The Company shall meet with the Association and discuss staffing requirements prior to hiring CQFOs rather than filling vacancies from the seniority list.

2. The Company will continue to train (upgrade and transition) qualified pilots at a minimum of one percent (1%) of pilots in the aircraft fleet or four (4) pilots, whichever is greater, per training class with a minimum of one (1) training class per calendar quarter with an overall minimum of six (6) training classes per calendar year until such time as all the CQFOs have been returned to bidding for first officer lines of flying.

3. Any qualified pilot held in his position due to the hiring of a CQFO shall be entitled to the protections in paragraph I., below.

I. When a qualified pilot is bypassed for a vacancy award due to the operational needs of the Company, the bypassed pilot shall be paid and credited based on the rate of pay of the bypassed position and the credit he actually earns. No bypass shall exceed six (6) months. A bypass shall be considered to begin on the sixtieth (60th) day after the commencement of the class in question.