Thread: Upshiring
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2014, 04:41 PM
c5pilot11
Line Holder

Joined APC: Dec 2014

Originally Posted by Anc74 View Post
No longer nepotism rules at UPSS.

I think an upper management rec will help you get a job as a NURP unfortunately. And kiss your life and self respect goodbye with that one.

Getting a job as a line pilot is a very poor decision here now. Plan on being junior for a loooong time with zero QOL. Also, plan on being furloughed here, because they will do it again first chance they get.

Plan on being hated, despised and cheated by your employer too if you want to work for them,

With all the majors hiring and the massive retirements, I would go elsewhere honestly. Crazy to come to this craphole trucking company instead of a real airline.
Anc74, So your saying that the turnover at UPS is fairly slow compared to the Majors? The seniority issue can be a problem for QOL. However, I was told that UPS compared to the majors is roughly $3M difference in retirement benefits in the long-term. I guess the grass is always greener, however, I just thought that the possibility of getting hired at UPS is better than waiting for 6-12 months for a major to call.