Thread: Skywest
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2014, 01:08 PM
RockyBoy
Doesn't Get Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2007

Originally Posted by Check Complete View Post
The problem is that DAL needs a PPR number for SkyWest pilots. If you don't pay the fine, I mean fee, you can not get a PPR number. The 175 guys can't get one regardless. Everything that has been said here is correct and it really is an IT issue with DAL.

I feel this should start out as a letter to individual Delta pilots using their jump privileges and if there is no fix in sight then denial. I participated in the pressure on United years ago and it was successful. I don't think this is an issue where DALPA doesn't care but it's not real high on their priority list and they have bigger fish to fry with DAL. Right up until guys start missing their commute.

And, if I have an FO that cannot tolerate my decision of who gets to use the jumpseat, please find and use the main cabin door.
Well, I didn't realize this was even an issue. Doing anything within DAL regarding IT is a total mess. DALPA has some pull, but in the end the IT department is focusing entirely on customer IT issues only. As far as flight ops IT stuff goes, if it doesn't somehow result in better customer service, then they won't touch it.

I'm not a commuter, but have been before and most likely will end up one again someday. If there are any E-jet guys trying to get on a flight that I'm working, I'll make sure the boss lets the gate agent know what's up. If the agents have a work around, then we'll go when the work around gets done. If not, we'll go late. THAT will get Delta to fix it faster than getting DALPA involved via a threat of a jumpseat ban.