Thread: Trans States
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2014, 02:24 PM
Dukeuno
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2013

Originally Posted by TeamRamRod View Post
Because for the non-moron, 50 seat vs 76 seat jet doesn't mean a damn thing. Does Delta/UAL/AA care one bit that you flew a 145 or a 175? Absolutely not.

I can't help but laugh at the genius' that went to RAH or SKW because "they wanted to fly the 175". Have fun putting that miniature gear lever up and down for half a decade, and then doing it at a major again for a former TSA guy that flew the 145 and got in and out in 2 years.
I agree with you that they don't care what turbine plane you flew. There will be guys from 135 opps that flew Convairs around ( SWA has hired a few). Unless someone has high time coming in to TSA they won't be at a major in 2 years ( unless they were an intern at that major or have higher up connections.) They will need around 4000 TT to even get looked at without connections. Plus the majors really don't care as much about Turbine PIC time as much either. At XJT we have lost 417 Fos this year so far ( now 50 have gone to other regionals so take those out and its 367) to 326 Ca s. So we are losing more FOs to majors or corporate than Ca s. The only place Turbine PIC counts right now is SWA, Fedex and Alaska ( I believe).