Thread: Mesa
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2014, 09:23 PM
flapshalfspeed
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2010

Here's how all union conference calls have gone in my 7 years of regional flying (I wasn't actually there for this one, but I'm 90% sure this will cover it, because it always has):

1) The union talked about contract negotiations being productive (productive enough to keep them in office), but due to factors beyond their control, the talks have not been productive enough to result in a new contract. In much nicer and euphemistic terms, they likely pointed out that a new contract would require that people with IQs below 80 stop filling new hire classes here).

2) A few very vocal, very senior Captains and/or lifer FOs called in, and expressed strong feelings about things...feelings that change nothing, but the expression of which helps them to fill the gap between their massive egos and the mainline career (or left seat) they never achieved.

3) Some new hires called in and said things like "I've been here three months how do I bid? Does anyone like me?" and "What is a junior assignment?"

Rinse, repeat--five years from now you'll realize all conference calls by all unions and managements are the biggest waste of your time since television was invented.