View Single Post
Old 12-12-2014, 07:03 AM
Cubdriver

Joined APC: May 2006
Position: ATP, CFI etc.
Default Socata E-Fan two seat trainer

I actually think this electric could be a good idea, whereas there are Skyhawk conversions and the like I did not think as highly of. For the kind of range, performance and payload needs of a 2 seat trainer electric is not a bad way to power it. I tend to wonder if it can do 250nm student cross countries though, we'll see about that when the time comes.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~

Daher-Socata To Build and Certify E-Fan for Airbus

(S.Pope, Flying, 12/11/14) Daher-Socata today announced it has signed on as a major partner with Airbus Group's VoltAir subsidiary for the design, development and certification of a new electric airplane unveiled earlier this year called the E-Fan 2.0. The all-electric two-seater is the first product in what is being billed as a full-scale electric aircraft development program, launched by Airbus Group with great fanfare earlier in the year. The E-Fan 2.0 is intended to be a general aviation trainer, and the first full-rate production electric aircraft in the world. One of the stated goals of the program is eventually to usher in an era of electrical applications for future Airbus airliners.