View Single Post
Old 12-13-2014, 12:52 AM
Facebitten
Banned

Joined APC: Dec 2014

Originally Posted by ZapBrannigan View Post
The problem with that, as I discovered after being in the same boat, is that in corporate 91 that cushy lifestyle may change. In my case, the part 91 department where I worked went from basically day trips with the occasional overnight to 3,4,7... even 28 day trips! Days off were taken away on short notice. Historic sterling job security came into question.

I realized about ten years too late the value of a contract. So, here I am a decade later, older, and wiser...back in 121. (Wishing I had that ten years of seniority)
THIS ^^^^ I know a guy that left 3 years of seniority at eagle to fly a citation excel 20 hours a month for 70k a year with a 15 minute commute ot the airport. Well guess what is the first thing to go when its time to trim a little fat. I am hoping to get on with a regional that will be around in the long run. Id rather get stuck in the right seat than chase an upgrade and end up on the street and have to start all over again anyway. The corporate job can go poof just like that. Then again so can a regional but i much prefer the lifestyle of flying the airplane and going home. Even having to just pick up trash take inventory deal with the big wigs in the back would get under my skin. To each their own i suppose.