View Single Post
Old 12-13-2014, 11:35 PM
Klsytakesit

Originally Posted by stix'nstrings View Post
Pelican, thanks for starting this thread
There was a time when I wore my blazer and hat to reflect the professional look of an airline pilot. But that ship sailed 10 years ago when I took a 30% pay cut, lost vacation, pay more for healthcare and forced to vote on a contract to sell out new hires. If the company wants me to resemble their airline pilot image while walking through a terminal than they can buy me the uniform. I've already paid for two (blue shirt seniority) with accessories and won't be buying a 3rd. I'll wear whatever I need to accommodate the practicality my trip, including a north face jacket and not something that produces the pretentious or silly look of someone who has experience but doesn't. With over 25,000 hours of flight time I have nothing left to prove and couldn't care less about the Company's or public's view. After all, this job is about providing safe transportation, money and time off; not what we look like getting to or from a flight while walking the terminal. Over the years I've spent 'thousands' on the look and it has gotten me LESS take home money.

OTOH, maybe I just need to retire.
Amen......not buying another uniform either.....if you want a hat go to Delta