View Single Post
Old 12-14-2014, 02:50 PM
galaxy flyer
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2010
Position: Baja Vermont

We had a guy who went to a top-flight department--nary a worry about mechanicals or cleaning, our department has a detailed and a Leading Edge contract fir when his not available. On the rids we expense a detailing when needed. The F/A does a quick vacuum on a deadhead or after landing. Yes, putting a Global to bed can take time, but it ain't that hard.

If you do get furloughed in corporates, at least you don't have to start at the bottom of a list. The demand is high now--lots of offerings and salaries improving. The guy above was just asked for " a number". At mid-thirties, he's knocking down 200K plus bennies. Not many 35 year-old RJ or mainline guys doing that.

What I like is everyday is different. This year I've done a week in ?Brasil, one in Switzerland, one in London plus an Asian trip. I get to actually plan a trip, decide on what I want as fuel stops, what hotel I'll use, what airline I'll fly.

I get to see a lot of departments, some headed by ex-121 guys including one by an ex-DL guy. Overseas, airline guys seek out corporates as their airlines are miserable to work for. US legacies are almost uniquely good.

GF