View Single Post
Old 12-15-2014, 09:12 AM
MikeF16
Otto

Joined APC: Jul 2013
Position: Turkish Pile Driver
Default New commuter in NYC, need some help

1st, thanks for taking a look. I'm trying to figure out how as a commuter, I can make my way between LGA, JFK, my crashpad, and EWR. My crashpad is in Kew Gardens and is roughly half way between JFK and LGA (close the corner of Metropolitan Ave and Lefferts Blvd). Most of my flights will originate/terminate at one of those two airports; however, about 15% of my trips will originate/terminate out of EWR.

I know as a backup I can always take a taxi, but I'd like to minimize the taxi since that would be fairly expensive. I've heard of a service called the Kew Runner (q-runner?) that runs between LGA and JFK with stops in Kew Gardens. I've been told that this is an FA mode of transportation which pilots can take space permitting.

Is it scheduled or do I have to call?
If I have to call, what is the phone number?
Where does it pick-up/drop-off at LGA and JFK?
How much does a ride on the Kew Runner cost vs. a cab?

Is the JB shuttle an option for a non JB pilot? If so, I've got the same questions about the shuttle as I do about the runner.

Is the bus or subway a viable option?

Finally, what are my options to get to EWR and back other than a very expensive taxi ride?

Sorry, I know it's a lot of questions but I've never commuted before. Replies here would be great since I know there are a lot of new guys going to NYC, but private messages are fine too.

Last edited by MikeF16; 12-15-2014 at 09:24 AM.