View Single Post
Old 12-17-2014, 08:01 AM
ClickClickBoom
MK Ultra Candidate

Joined APC: Feb 2013
Position: Prime Leader of Boko Harumph

Originally Posted by Name User View Post
How much of that $600 do you think went to liability insurance off the top? Then add another 30% for government taxes. Cost of the rig, mx, consumables, various government fees, marketing, office space, the list goes on. Plus being contract he's not making that day in and day out (although I hear work up in ND, UT, NM is pretty steady).

If y'all think you can drop a couple grand and take a 6 month community college course, get a 4G cert, and make $100/hr 40+ hours a week go for it.

Personally, I wouldn't quit your day job, welding (real welding) is an art/science/engineering all rolled up into one trade.
Been welding TIG,MIG, Stick, Oxy for 35 years and recently got into Micro Tig. Had my 6G cert for 4 years, don't think I would do the job for $100 per hourly. Welding is 30% science, 68% technique and 2% luck. The luck component is not having to weld head down in a ditch or some other jacked up position, with slag/sparks rolling down your sleeves. Those that think doing a walk around in the rain is tough wouldn't make it out of welding school. Bottom line is, most pilots are soft, doughy soft.