View Single Post
Old 12-18-2014, 04:16 AM
Captain Tony
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2010

Originally Posted by ClickClickBoom View Post
Been welding TIG,MIG, Stick, Oxy for 35 years and recently got into Micro Tig. Had my 6G cert for 4 years, don't think I would do the job for $100 per hourly. Welding is 30% science, 68% technique and 2% luck. The luck component is not having to weld head down in a ditch or some other jacked up position, with slag/sparks rolling down your sleeves. Those that think doing a walk around in the rain is tough wouldn't make it out of welding school. Bottom line is, most pilots are soft, doughy soft.
Originally Posted by Hetman View Post
I want my $200,000. Welders make $200,000. I am more awesome than a welder. If you don't pay me $200,000 for being so awesome you are not being fair. I want my $200,000 and I want it now. Where is my $200,000?
LOL. I love the posts where pilots find some technical profession that makes more money, then claim we require more training and skill, therefore should be paid at least that, maybe more.

Welding is hard. Way harder than flying an airplane. If you don't believe me, go take a few welding classes. Yeah, Ironworkers and Pipefitters make crazy money too. If you like hanging out on a beam all day 20 stories above a busy Manhattan street, go for it. CEOs make millions per year. They also die of heart attacks in their 60s after working 100 hours a week for 20 years. Everything is relative. So just program your FMS, engage your autopilot, then sit back and enjoy the view.