View Single Post
Old 12-18-2014, 11:37 AM
MikeF16
Otto

Joined APC: Jul 2013
Position: Turkish Pile Driver

Originally Posted by sailingfun View Post
I am not sure what you define as a goofy reserve schedule. If you are on the 717 in NYC for JAN you can move virtually any day you want. You can also personal drop any days you don't want to be on call. If being in a heavily overmanned category on reserve is this much trouble for you then your not going to be happy in this job.
Originally Posted by LeineLodge View Post
Agreed. Take a look at the Scheduling Reference Handbook for ways to move X-days, Personal Drop (PD) if you want, etc.

In a category that is overstaffed (which allows lots of creative schedule manipulation) you have no one to blame but yourself if you don't move things around to make it more tolerable.

None of that changes the fact that commuting to reserve sucks. Your silver lining is that it will be very short lived. A month or three is a blip in the grand scheme of things. Welcome to the airlines
Thanks guys I had no idea I could PD or swap reserve days, I thought that was only for line holders. I could turn 21 days in the crash pad into about 17 if I can line up my reserve days.