View Single Post
Old 12-19-2014, 07:43 AM
Andy
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2006
Position: guppy CA

Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post
There was no reason to negotiate high rates for an aircraft not on property. We did, however, have to get some pay rate to show the company we would/will fly small 100 seat aircraft at UAL.

The pot of money is the same so no reason to pull down current aircraft rates to fund the 190s that aren't here. Once the aircraft arrives we can get higher rates on the following contract. It will suck, and be junior for a couple years, but we will fix it and at least WE are flying the airplane.

I don't think any CA should be paid less than any FO, but I have nothing against paying only $2/hr more than a WB FO.
As someone who's been furloughed twice, I'm OK with the current pay rate. What I'm NOT OK with is giving that flying to the regionals when there will be more than enough mainline pilots willing to fly it.
I don't know the deal at USAirways and I don't care; there are enough of us here that would be happy to fly the bottom 3 aircraft on the payscale because we know it's furlough protection. And when one looks at the benefits side of a mainline job vs a stupid jet4jobs program, the current payscales look great.
JBLU doesn't have a problem filling their 175s and while some here may move off of the small equipment quickly, others will be happy to fly it.

Unfortunately, if the company offered an extra 50 cents an hour on all other pay rates, the flying would probably be given away to the regionals.