Thread: Allegiant Air

tyler durden , 12-22-2014 07:59 AM
Gets Weekends Off
tyler durden
Gets Weekends Off
close
  • Joined APC
    Sep 2014
Quote: I guess we'll have to disagree. I really don't see it happening that way. Like I said, Republic voted overwhelmingly to strike in 2011 and this whole time RAH management has been refusing to negotiate in good faith. But still has never been released.
Time will tell, but keep in mind that you're comparing apples to oranges here. As a feeder, republic had a much stronger impact to commerce as a strike would have affected the majors. Much larger ripple effect to the economy. I would point to a the spirit strike as a closer comparison: small and independent.

There are also rumors that actions taken by the republic pilots frustrated the national mediation Board. That may or may not be true, but one thing is for sure: our CEO has torqued off every department with in the US government and I suspect they would not mind making an example out of him. This administration is trying to show a pro labor face and could use this as an example without affecting commerce.

I guess we will have to wait and see but my money is on the IBT with this one. Check back in a few months, I'm willing to bet there will be a release