View Single Post
Old 12-22-2014, 04:01 PM
Cross Check
Line Holder

Joined APC: Aug 2013
Position: A320 FO

Originally Posted by Aero1900 View Post
Oh boy...

First of all, as with any company working under a contract, it is important that the work group holds the company to the contract. We are no different at Frontier. FAPA needs to hold the company to it, and so do the pilots. I agree with the op 100%

However, I have a much different opinion on the way we are treated, and want to give my response to the whine fest.

I have never been 'abused' or 'ripped off by the company.' I have never been shorted in pay. The one time there was a mistake on my pay, it was fixed by the company without a fight. I simply sent an email and my pay credit was restored that day.

When Frontier went into bankruptcy in 2008, the company and the union signed a concessionary contract. That's just how it works. Happens at every single company that goes through a bankruptcy. We are no different. The union signed the contract with set snapbacks. We agreed to them, and signed off on them. We can't start complaining about it now. Yes, our pay is below average. That's just how it goes. Contracts are long term agreements. Things change, while the contract is in effect. We need to fight very hard on our next contract, but you can't say that the company is somehow ripping us off right now. Contracts is a contract. Get over it. Be gratefully they agreed to give us snapbacks at all. I don't know of any other airline that ever got snapbacks. When United when in the Chapter 11, they didn't get snapbacks. They just waited until they could negotiate a new contract.

As far as contract violations go, you have to remember that we were represented by the IBT for the last few years. FAPA has been working hard to fix issues and they are getting fixed. Things are being resolved. The loss of trip rig for pilot change to the a trip has been fixed, for example.

We dont stay in 'crap' hotels. Every hotel we stay in is nice. Yes, some of them are near the airport and there is not a whole lot around. Welcome to working for an airline. Get over it.

I really feel your pain in having to park across the street from the GO... what a horrible inconvenience that is... for the whole 2 days a year you will be there. I can't imagine letting the people that work at the GO 5 days a week park in the GO parking lot. I think they should have to park across the street while the pilots that are there 2 days a year get to park right out front. (hopefully that come across as sarcastic) I can't even believe you are complaining about the parking at the GO. Get over it. Its right across the street...

Frontier is a ULCC. We are not going to be compensated at the same rate as Delta which serves $5,000/ticket First Class passengers. But guess what? Delta pilots have to work on Chistmas, and they might even have to stay at a hotel that isn't right downtonw. In fact, I see Delta pilots at lots of our same hotels!!! Those poor Delta pilots.... slumming it with Frontier pilots at Crown Plazas and Marriots.

Lets be honest here, flying an Airbus is not exactly the hardest job in the world. Yes, I'll be flying on Christmas this year.. bummer. But I knew that was a possiblity when I took a job flying for an airline. I signed up for Frontier knowing damn well what the contract is like. We will get a better one someday, but for now, it is what it is. Frontier is still alive today, and hiring pilots and growing. The time will come to fight for a better contract, and I'll be right there fighting along side the rest of the pilots. But in the meantime I'll survive the 45 second walk from the parking lot to the GO and I'll survive my stay the the Crown Plaza hotel with all the other airline pilots from all the other airlines. Frontier has treated me very well. Never screwed me out of a penny. I'm happy to have the job.

And lastly, if you aren't willing to work on Christmas, you probably picked the wrong job. Last time I check, every airline in the world flies on Christmas.
You must be drinking some 100 proof cool aid or you are a management impostor.